Lu Weibing, Redmi's CEO, has posted an entry on the Weibo Chinese social networking site, which confirms that the MediaTek G90T processor will go to the new Redmi device.
MediaTek G90T is an octa-core processor, built from two Cortex-A76 cores with 2,05 GHz clock frequency and six Cortex-A55 cores with 2 GHz frequency. The graphic processor Mali-G76MC4 800 MHz is responsible for the graphics. The new processor is compatible with displays with a refresh rate up to 90 Hz and a camera with a sensor for 64 Mpix! The Helio P90 processor is able to handle up to 10 GB of the LPDDR4X DRAM memory with the 2133 Mhz clock speed.
The most important novelty in the new G90 series is to be technology HyperEngineit is a series of functions based mainly on artificial intelligence whose task is to optimize the operation of the smartphone during the game. The HyperEngine consists of the following functions:
- intelligent management of network connections to improve stability. The smartphone will be able to use the Wi-Fi network and the cellular network at the same time
- simultaneous support for two WiFi 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- mute notifications and calls
- improving the display's response to touch - less delay
- implementation of HDR10 support (if the display supports HDR10 technology)
- performance management based on AI depending on the game we play
Most probably, the first smartphone that will receive the MediaTek Helio G90 processor will be the Redmi device and it will be the first gaming smartphone of the Xiaomi sub-brand.